Tuesday 21 September 2010

Run For Cover!!


OK so last time I wrote about John Sykes so this time I'm going to write about Gary Moore the guitarist from Northern Ireland. He's often to mistaken to Irish. He probably is Irish but he was born in UK so I'd say he's British guitarist. He's been around for quite long time. His first recording were called "Grind Stone" in 1973. He's a close friend of legendary Phil Lynott from Thin Lizzy and he had few stint with Thin Lizzy too like "Black Rose" album. Then he did another solo "Back To The Streets". Some weird compilation called "Spanish Guitar" with original song "Spanish Guitar". Then he formed G-Force. After G-Force he had relatively stable solo band. What can I say about this guy. Jaw-droppingly good! Deserve the knighthood title, SIR GARY MOORE! His guitar play is just awesome really. Brilliant! Super technique! Not just the guitarist but also a great singer. Very very talented and influential musician. I think he's also very versatile as musician too. His style is very varied. Not necessary hard rock/metal. Nowadays he's known for Blues (since the beginning of 90s) but before he changed he was a great rock musician. My mum's friend Bob Daisley played bass with Gary Moore! His guitar tone hits really high and sounds very clean, heavy and fast yet very melodic and emotional. Some war themed lyrics make you think that peace is necessary. Even to this day PEACE is needed/wanted!! I did compare him with John Sykes and I'd say John and Gary are sometimes similar but I don't really think they are the same. Gary's been around so much longer and John admires and influenced by Gary so no surprise there. They are both great guitarists and they are in my top 5 really. I'd recommend his albums "Run For Cover", "Wild Frontier" and "After The War" trilogy. Best 80's Hard Rock. No doubt about it. If you like guitar music or traditional hard rock/heavy metal then I'd strongly recommend his music to you!!

Bless!!

No comments: