Thursday 5 August 2010

GeoStorm aka GunForce II

I had a go on this game yesterday and I must say it was brilliant. Side scroll on steroids! I had to control this guy and he gets targeted by enemies and gigantic machines. It's very much like Contra and maybe probably little bit better because it was made tad later than Contra. I read that this game was based on Metal Slug series. And having played Metal Slug before I can tell the similarity between GeoStorm and Metal Slug. It's almost the same! This game was released by Irem in 1991 and speed and graphics are awesome. Top notch! Few disappointing things about this game was that it takes so many shots to kill the bosses and it's nearly like 2000 or 3000 shots to kill'em! No lie! So obviously it's going to take long time to get past the next stage! And also this game ONLY have 5 stages and there's no conclusions. Yes there's no ending sequence! I was disappointed not to see what happened to our hero. But other than that it's a bloody good game. Full of adrenalin and your stress will disappear after killing them evil army!

No comments: