Friday 13 August 2010

Donald Land

I'm so obsessed with side scroller or platformer games. Yes this is a McDonald's game! The famous two golden arch! Mackie D's! I can't remember when but I borrowed this game from a school mate and played it through and it was pretty good. I must be around 10 or 11 something like that. It's not too difficult as well as not too easy. I think for a 8 bit game graphics was very good and music is alright. This game was released by Date East aka DECO in 1988, it was released only in Japan. Basically Ronald McDonald save his friends from the evil and he throws an apple bomb. I don't know but only in Japan, Ronald McDonald is called Donald. It's kinda confusing with Disney's Donald Duck having a same name. So you go through the stage beating them enemies with an apple bomb and meet a boss in the end and when you defeat the boss you get to rescue the likes of Mayor McCheese, Birdie, Fry Guys and Officer Big Mac. I like these characters but they have similar resemblance with the characters from H.R. Pufnstuf (It's a live-action kids show from late 60's to early 70's featuring an English actor Jack Wild and Billie Hayes as Witchiepoo.) and Sid and Marty Krofft company successfully sued McDonald's and won it. And my thoughts on McDonald's fast foods... Despite having high sugar and oil in nutrition I love it. I don't eat them often but it taste good and cheap. It fill your stomach as well so I'm not against McDonald's. I have seen Super Size Me documentary as well. My favourite food is Big Mac Meal. I also like Cheese Burger. In Japan it's called Value Set. That's it!


No comments: