Sunday 30 January 2011

Lamb to the Slaughter

Okay another music review. It's less known band... teN. teN is formed in mid 90's in Manchester by Gary Hughes. This Gary Hughes guy started his career with his own solo more like soft AOR ish rock music which I'm not so keen of. Then he gathered Dare (Thin Lizzy's keyboardist Darren Wharton's band) musicians like Vinny Burns and Greg Morgan. Then more people were added like guitarist, bass player and keyboardist.
I found this band on Classic Rock magazine. When I lived in Cambridge I started to buy this mag because they have coverage and articles about my sort of music. Old rock music. Review says they've got some influences from Whitesnake, Rainbow, Thin Lizzy, Iron Maiden etc. That can't go wrong!! I thought their music was great and hooked. I like Vinny Burns play. His play reminds me a lot of Gary Moore. Their music has lot's of contrast like hard rockin' songs and ballads mixed. I don't really like ballads so I often skip 'em and never listen but harder stuff they are really good and I like it a lot. I decided to review because just recently they released new album called "Stormwaning". Most of members are gone but still no different to older stuff cos it's all written by Gary Hughes. His hair is now receded and hair line has gone up. Like Alan Shearer!! lol

If I'm going to let people listen to teN then it's got to be "The Robe" and "Babylon". These two are awesome and I always listen to it over and over. Other stuff has too much ballads and not so much killer rocker songs so I'll strongly recommend these two. I think you don't need to listen.

Notable note... Apparently they sold lot's of records in Japan.

No comments: